Want to know some easy hacks for helping out the environment? Look no further!
10. Use a laptop instead of a Desktop - why? Laptops are designed to be energy efficient. In fact a laptop can be nearly 80% more energy efficient than a desktop!
9. Plant a tree - one tree can absorb up to 48 lbs of CO2 in a year, and one ton by the time it reaches 40.
8. Take a shower instead of a bath - though nice and relaxing a bath uses about 80 litres of water compared to the 35 used in a shower. Also where else can you unleash your inner Emma Stone?
7. Unplug everything! Most appliances have a “standby” mode - when you’re not using them but you’ve left them plugged in they’re still using up energy.
6. Stop running water while you brush your teeth. Wait, what? Instead of leaving the tap running while you brush fill a glass with water you can use to help rinse and turn off the tap. A bathroom faucet uses upwards to 2.5 gallons of water a minute. That’s a lot of water.
5. Use blankets - who doesn’t love cozying up with a blanket and a book? On a cool evening rather than turning up the heat grab your favourite blanket instead.
4. Get your magazines online - Vogue is still Vogue whether it’s paper or electronic.
3. Use the Stairs - they’re not only energy efficient they’re good for your health.
2. Turn off the lights!
1. Just say no when it comes to plastic bags - a single 5¢ plastic bag can take up to 1, 000 years to decompose. They also cause harm to many small animals who get stuck in their handles or mistake pieces of plastic bag for food. Invest in some reusable bags, in fact if you visit reusablebags.ca you can buy a custom design of your very own.